Join the Barung Seed Forest Care Group!
Keen to get your hands dirty and care for the local environment? We are inviting volunteers to join us once a month at the Barung Seed Forest to help care for this emerging forest in the heart of Maleny.
The Barung Seed Forest is just over 2 years old and already supports a diversity of native plants and animals. It is rapidly becoming an important stepping stone in the landscape for wildlife, and provides a special place for both humans and wildlife to co-exist.
Volunteer activities include:
- Helping with weed management
- Occasional tree planting and habitat creation
- Supporting the evolution of an important demonstration rainforest planting and native Garden for Wildlife
- Meeting local like-minded people and building social connections
- Learning more about native plants and wildlife
- Learning about native garden design and revegetation techniques
- Learning about weed management and treatment methods
- Free cuppa and morning tea! (it wouldn’t be landcare without this)
What to bring:
- Your own gardening gloves
- Water/drink bottle (water will be available on site)
What to wear:
- Closed sturdy shoes
- Hat and sun protection
- Long pants, long sleeves
What we will supply:
- A fun morning out in nature!
- Morning tea (please provide any dietary requirements when you register)
When: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 8 am - 10 am
Where: Barung Seed Forest, Parklands Dr, Maleny (off Porters Lane)
To book for this event, please register online
or by phone 5494 3151
or at the office (38A Coral St, Maleny)
Barung Landcare acknowledges the Jinibara and Kabi Kabi/Gubbi Gubbi people, Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we gather and work. We acknowledge their continuing connection to land, water and community.
Proudly supported by Sunshine Coast Council’s grants program.